After a long week of work, no ones feel like cooking anything. That’s why, in this post, we are giving you an easy vegetarian recipe that can be made within a few minutes and is super healthy.
Veg Tortilla Soup
- 14 ounces of tomatoes
- 14 ounces of hominy
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 14 ounces black beans
- Six corn tortillas
- Some vegetables like- avocado, jalapenos, radish, green beans, onion, garlic, and other veggies of your choice.
- For spices- cumin, sea salt, and dried pepper. If you do not find dried pepper, you can always use pepper powder.
- Olive oil
- Cilantro- for garnishing
Prep Work For The Recipe-
Heat your oven at 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep your vegetables and shop them in small pieces. You can precook the plants in the oven beforehand, this will save you time.
Heat the tortillas and cut them into long strips of half inches. You can hat them in a pan, oven, or heater.
- Use a medium size pot for making the soup. Boil the beans, tomatoes, and hominy in the pot for 10 minutes.
- As the soup boils, remove it from the flame and remove excess water. Grind the tomato mixture and make a soup. Use another small pan.
- Add oil, onion, and garlic to the pan. Saute it.
- Now add spices.
- Once the onions are fried, add cooked vegetables and give it a quick mix.
- When you start smelling the aroma, reduce the flame, and saute it for some time.
- Stop the flame after 2 minutes. Remove the pan.
- In the pot, add soup and sauteed vegetables.
- Let it simmer for 3 minutes and serve hot with bread or noodles.
- You can garnish it with cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
This recipe is rich in antioxidants, proteins, and essential nutrients. You can use the vegetables and herbs of your choice. This soup is so easy that it can be made only with a handful of vegetables. If you do not have dried pepper, try using poblano pepper.